I meant to post about this earlier and forgot: if anyone needs one, I found a paleo/clean/gluten-free Christmas cut-out cookie recipe.
Here’s what you need to know to make it:
- Erythritol is NOT GOOD. Use coconut sugar.
- Skip the GF flour and go straight for almond flour. It will reduce the impact of these on your blood sugar.
- Don’t make the frosting recommended – just go to Amazon, Target or Wegmans and get this stuff. Trust me… so worth it.
Also, temperature makes a huge difference in this dough. To make it easy on yourself:
- Chilled as instructed once it’s blended together.
- Roll out between two pieces of parchment.
- Pop in the freezer until it’s fully set.
- Cut your shapes into the dough and use a spatula to lift them out.
- Let it sit until it softens enough to reroll.
- Pop in back in the freezer to set before cutting your next round of cookies.
This sounds like a lot of work, but it’s actually not – and it’s a TON easier than dealing with uncooperative dough! Although these hold fairly well, I found it worked out well to bake them off a handful at a time. It made the recipe last for about four days and kept our sugar consumption down.
I generally expect to make these exactly once per year, but it’s nice to have the recipe, so I wanted to pass it along. Enjoy!